The protein diet, considered the best diet to lose weight quickly and effectively, is among the best known to be effective in reducing body weight, and at the same time strengthen our muscles.
However, as with any diet, you need to make certain changes or follow certain recommendations. In other words: We must be disciplined in following it and taking care of what we eat.
This will force our body to draw energy from the inside of our body and take fat as its main fuel.
- 1 How the diet protein or protein
- 2 Phases of the protein diet
- 3 Benefits of the Protein Diet Here Top 10
- 3.1 1. Protein diet to burn more fat, lose belly and maintain muscle mass
- 3.2 2. Protein diet helps control appetite
- 3.3 3. With the protein diet you can increase your muscle mass and gain strength
- 3.4 4. Maintenance of muscle mass
- 3.5 5.In the protein diet helps to reduce insulin
- 3.6 6. Helps burn abdominal fat
- 3.7 7. Eliminates sugar addiction
- 3.8 8. Increased physical endurance
- 3.9 9. Dietary reduction
- 3.10 10. Its action through metabolism
- 4 What foods can be eaten in the protein diet?
- 5 List of foods allowed in the protein diet
- 6 Foods prohibited in the protein diet
- 7 Weekly Protein Diet Menu
- 8 Recommendations when making or following a protein diet
- 9 The most common errors in the protein-based diet to lose weight
How the diet protein or protein
In the protein diet, the main ingredient is protein-rich foods.
Among the foods allowed in a protein diet are: Low-carbohydrate fruits, vegetables, meat, protein, fish, eggs, low-fat dairy products, grains, protein shakes for weight loss, are another alternative for…
The daily amount of protein will be higher compared to other macronutrients, such as carbohydrates and fats.
Protein diets, simply put, are protein-based diets. The formula for it would be:
High protein intake + Low carbohydrate and fat intake = Losing fat without losing muscle.
If you eat protein daily and for a long time, according to the formula we have just seen, a metabolic situation occurs in our body called ketosis.
This causes our body to look for body fat as its main source of energy and produces the so-called ketone, which makes weight loss that generates our metabolism is fast and instantaneous.
In other words, we will start losing weight in record time
Without a doubt, the protein diet complies with 2 fundamental factors:
- It is a realistic diet and is supported by professionals.
- It’s within our grasp. We only need to eat enough protein and few carbohydrates and fats.
The diet of the dukan or hyperproteic diets focuses on lean proteins. We practically forgot about fat and the results are great – what are you waiting for to start losing weight in a healthy way?
Phases of the protein diet
Shock treatment based almost entirely on protein consumption and carbohydrate restriction. Of course, we should not eliminate them all, but rather reduce a large volume.
Introduce quality carbohydrates and manage them by eating well and in a balanced way. In that phase we will have already seen a change and will start to feel happy about the weight loss.
Maintenance stage. By the time you reach this stage, you will have learned to eat and combine foods.
Benefits of the Protein Diet Here Top 10
The high-protein diet is not just a diet, it’s a way to start eating healthy foods and giving your body the protein it needs. Protein is as essential as water or good fat.
The main benefits of the protein diet is to burn fat faster and properly, and we will also retain as much muscle in our body, despite being in a calorie deficit.
But here are the best of those benefits:
1. Protein diet to burn more fat, lose belly and maintain muscle mass
A high-protein diet allows you to lose more fat while maintaining lean body mass. This has advantages for the health and aesthetics of the body. Many athletes want to lose weight or lower their body fat index, avoiding the loss of muscle mass; this is possible with the protein diet.
Studies show that a high-protein diet makes it easier to maintain or gain muscle mass during a calorie deficit.
This diet is more tolerable, as it reduces fatigue, stress and smooths behavioral changes during calorie deficit.
If you want to increase the rate at which you lose fat, you can help yourself with a special fat loss supplement. Here on our website we have a recent article with the best weight loss pills of 2018.
2. Protein diet helps control appetite
Controlling your appetite is a major obstacle for those who want to lose weight – to lose fat you need to eat fewer calories than you burn and then hunger increases a lot!
So this type of diet is a great way to control your appetite, since you can eat more protein without having to weigh or control what you eat (as is also the case with the ketogenic diet or the dunkan diet).
3. With the protein diet you can increase your muscle mass and gain strength
Muscle tissue is made of protein so this diet helps in the recovery and increase of muscle mass.
By forcing the muscle, the tissue is damaged, and to repair the muscle fibers the process of protein synthesis begins. Protein synthesis is the creation of new proteins in muscle tissue to replace and repair damaged tissues.
Therefore, resistance training or hypertrophy increases protein intake requirements and this is where we must feed our muscles protein. As we do this, we will notice a large increase in volume and strength.
4. Maintenance of muscle mass
Few diets allow you to lose weight while maintaining good muscle tone and mass. Thanks to this protein-based diet we can ensure that we do not feel tired or fatigued during the day due to a lack of solid food, because the proteins are basically solid and the food you eat will keep you full.
Remember that losing weight quickly and becoming thin does not mean that a diet is working, on the contrary, it can be dangerous for your health, so you have to choose the right diet and without a doubt this is it.
5.In the protein diet helps to reduce insulin
Increases fat burning by allowing the release of stored body fat. In the long run, this translates into reduced hunger and increased energy expenditure, even without exercise.
It is also very effective in reversing type 2 diabetes (1). This fact has been demonstrated through a series of first-rate scientific studies.
6. Helps burn abdominal fat
Several studies have shown that in this type of diet our metabolism burns fat accumulated in the abdominal area.
7. Eliminates sugar addiction
Many people experience improvements in their acne-affected skin by eating low-carbohydrate foods. This is no coincidence, as there are studies that show a possible relationship between high glycemic index and the onset of acne.
8. Increased physical endurance
Ketogenic diets can greatly increase physical endurance, providing constant access to energy derived from fat reserves.
The carbohydrates (glycogen) stored in the body are only enough to cover about a couple of hours of intense exercise. However, fat reserves contain enough energy to last for several weeks or even a few months.
9. Dietary reduction
Getting used to the food in this diet is not complicated, since the foods we have been seeing are conventional and we probably eat them every day. If you follow the indications and recommendations when making the protein diet, the benefits are unbeatable.
10. Its action through metabolism
When our body gets more protein than it is used to, our metabolism automatically speeds up and this results in what we are all looking for: more calories and fat are burned.
If you manage to add a little physical activity to this diet, not necessarily exercise, we can assure you that the results will be much more impressive than you expect.
What foods can be eaten in the protein diet?
This is one of the most interesting and important points to keep in mind when you are on a protein diet to lose weight. For our diet to be successful, we must eat the right foods, live a healthy lifestyle and follow the recommendations we will give you later.
We’ve prepared a list of protein-rich foods you can eat and some low-carbohydrate foods you can eat. We have also prepared a menu to help you on your way to a slim body. Make yourself comfortable and pay close attention.
List of foods allowed in the protein diet
What you promised is debt. So here are some of the foods you can eat in a hyperprotein diet.
Most important proteins of animal origin
Seafood and fish with high protein content
- Sea bass
- Shrimps and prawns
Foods of plant origin that are included include fruits such as
In addition, you can properly consume nuts and dried fruit such as
- Remember that one of the main goals is to lose weight quickly, so you have to be a little creative when preparing the various dishes.
- You can also supplement the list with some supplements or protein shakes.
- Never lose sight of the fact that you should only consume the recommended daily amount.
Foods prohibited in the protein diet
- Foods high in sugars
- Processed foods
- Sugar-processed juices
- Trans fats
- Fast food
But if you’re a vegetarian, how can you make a protein diet? Don’t worry, we’ll show you how.
There is no doubt that vegetarians and vegans are limited to meat and other protein-containing products; however, this protein may be supplemented in other ways.
However, protein diets must be managed in the right way, hand in hand with the experts so that your body can influence a correct hyperprotein intake.
So the first thing we need to know if we are vegetarians is: How much protein do I need to eat every day and what foods or vegetables have a high protein value. Plant proteins play a key role in your case.
Weekly Protein Diet Menu
- Breakfast: Lactose-free coffee with stevia (sugar substitute)
- Lunch in the middle of the morning: 1 egg with 4 slices of grilled bacon.
- Lunch: Roast chicken in the oven, veal steak.
- Snack: 100 grams of turkey breast, or york ham, or 2 cans of natural tuna.
- Dinner: Grilled Emperor
- Breakfast: 2 pieces of pineapple with no added sugar or natural sugar, coffee or tea.
- Lunch in the middle of the morning: Turkey breast, or 75 grams of Serrano ham
- Food: Tenderloin in garlic sauce
- Snack: 100 grams of ball cheese, or turkey breast, or york ham, or you can also have 2 cans of natural tuna.
- Dinner: Trout stuffed with Serrano ham, onion and tomato.
- Breakfast: Coffee with milk, coffee, or glass of milk.
- Lunch in the middle of the morning: Cut soy or rye bread, with natural tomato and olive oil.
- Food: Baked pork or veal ribs
- Snack: 75 grams of stuffed loin or 2 cans of tuna, mackerel or sardines.
- Dinner: Grilled sardines or grilled salmon
- Breakfast: Coffee with milk, coffee, or glass of milk
- Lunch in the middle of the morning: One egg French omelette, with a slice of soy or rye bread.
- Food: Lamb baked or grilled + grilled pepper
- Snack: 100 grams of maasdam cheese
- Dinner: Large cuttlefish + lettuce of your choice
- Breakfast: Coffee with milk without lactose, or coffee, or glass of milk without lactose.
- Lunch in the middle of the morning: 10 almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts + 100 grams of york ham.
- Food: Homemade chicken broth, with shredded chicken
- Snack: 100 grams of turkey ham.
- Dinner: Turkey chops or pork chops.
- Breakfast: Café au lait, or alone, with 2 scrambled eggs
- Lunch in the middle of the morning: 100 grams of turkey or ham.
- Food: Pork chops in sauce, with coffee or infusion with saccharin.
- Dinner: Grilled squid + roasted peppers or grilled.
- Breakfast: Café au lait, or just a glass of milk and two scrambled eggs with a single yolk.
- Lunch in the middle of the morning: Soy or rye bread roll, with light fresh cheese and york ham
- Food: Rabbit stewed with wine or garlic
- Snack: 100 grams of grilled york ham
- Dinner: Liver of veal or lamb.
*The milk will be skimmed without lactose, and the sugar can be replaced by saccharin or stevia.
Recommendations when making or following a protein diet
In all diets, health comes first, if you are a person who is starting to experience this kind of diet, it is advisable not to overdo it.
If you take this protein diet seriously, you will be able to lose 10 kilos in a few weeks, but you must follow the instructions very well and pay close attention to the recommendations we will give you below.
1. Water is your ally in diets
If you want to lose weight with the help of a protein diet you should drink plenty of water, this will help your body stay hydrated. At least 8 glasses of water.
2. Decrease carbohydrate intake
Just because we have to cut back on the carbohydrates we eat doesn’t mean we will eliminate them completely. That’s why you can choose: eggs, cheese, ham and anything with low levels of carbohydrates.
Fresh spinach is one of the products that can help you greatly when you start with the hyperprotein diet. Remember that it is the protein-rich foods to lose weight that become the protagonists of this type of diet.
3. Eat foods that help with digestion
high-fiber foods play an important role. Try to make it a balanced daily amount, you should not abuse and much less limit yourself to the intake of them.
The hyperproteic diet can be complemented with exercise routines that you can do in the gym, this will increase the success rate and the results will be better.
4. Important that you know that there are structural proteins and hydrates proteins
Before you start this diet, you should research the grams of protein in each food or a certain amount of a certain food so that you can get the right amount of protein.
The most common errors in the protein-based diet to lose weight
1. Do not completely eliminate carbohydrates
as they contain properties and benefits for the body and therefore for health. You should know that amino acids must be controlled and if you want to lose weight quickly it is better to follow the simple steps that are recommended so that you do not fall into common mistakes.
2. Avoids eliminating good fats
You must reduce them, but not eradicate them abruptly.
3. Try to keep it at least until phase 3
Try to stay with it after a while, as sometimes the rebound or yo-yo effect happens and is not the target.
4. It’s important to eat protein
One of the mistakes is that at that time other types of food are integrated. Recent studies have shown that the key to losing weight on a diet is dinner.
5. A mistake in the coeliacs
Therefore, we must know which foods we should and should not eat. Protein foods play an important role.
6. Choosing the best protein-rich foods
Many do not know what proteins are found in the products or foods they eat, and that is a serious mistake. We must take account of the quantities in order to build on them and achieve the task.
What are you waiting for?! Start the protein diet and get that body you want so badly.