In this article, we’ll explain that you should eat before you do weight training and give you some examples of foods you can eat.
Before doing a weight training routine, it is important to eat the right foods to get the maximum performance and lift more weight, so you can gain more muscle in your body.
Why eat before you train with weights?
Before, during and after weight training, your body needs the protein and carbohydrates needed for your muscles to grow.
Also, being well fed will help you have the energy and strength to complete your planned weight-bearing workout.
That is why you should prepare a pre-training meal, so that your body is prepared for the exercise routine you are going to do in the gym.
The Benefits of Eating Before Weight Training
If you make a pre-workout meal plan, consisting of nutrients such as protein, slow-absorbing carbohydrates and healthy fat, your diet will give you the benefits you need to get the most out of your exercise routine. Here are some of the most important benefits.
- You will have more energy and strength to complete a routine with weights.
- Your muscles will grow faster.
- Eating several times a day will help you get the body fitness you want and good health.
- You’ll get more out of the nutrition of the foods you eat during the day.
- Every muscle in your body will have the glycogen necessary to perform muscle growth, ie all muscles will grow, both abdominal, biceps, triceps, pecs, back, shoulders, etc..
Don’t doubt it! You should eat before you train with weights to get the most out of it.
Better recipes to eat before weight training
What can you eat before you train with weights? In this post we’ll show you what to eat so you can get the most out of your workout at the gym.
Snack to improve performance when training with weights
Thanks to the calories of carbohydrates in this appetizer, accompanied by a high and solid source of protein and healthy fats, they will give you plenty of energy to do your scheduled workout. Here’s how to prepare your snack.
- Crush three bananas in a bowl.
- Add 50 grams of oats to the mixture.
- Add 50 grams of crushed nuts, either nuts, peanuts or hazelnuts.
- Mix everything together until you get a dough.
- Using the mixture, make a bar and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Add this recipe to your meal plan right now! You can eat this snack an hour to two hours before training, it will be a great help for you to train.
Powerful shake for more strength to train with weights
This shake has a high protein content, which will help your muscles work better, thanks to the amino acids it contains, which can also be found in meat. You can add some of your supplements to supplement your diet.
Make a smoothie with the following:
- 500ml of skim milk.
- 50 grams of whey protein (Alternatively you can add 3 or 4 egg whites to the shake).
- 30 grams of crushed nuts and dried fruit.
- 50 grams of yogurt.
- Add some fruit or sugar to taste.
This type of shake should be consumed once a few minutes before training. It is very useful for morning workouts, this will make your body have the glucose and amino acids necessary to get the most out of the exercise session. This is an example of a shake that you can vary by adding other ingredients.
Get the best results from weight training
If you want to progress in the gym and gain muscle mass, it is important that you eat enough, in a food with lots of protein and less unhealthy fat. On our blog there are more articles with tips to help you lose weight and gain muscle mass with your workout routines.
If you liked this article, you can share it with some of your friends and others on social networks like Twitter or Facebook. On our website you will find a great deal of valuable information.